At F&M Bank, the security of customer information is a priority.
We are strongly committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public. One of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer.
- Always use your pre-established links to access Web sites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited e-Mails. If you ever receive a suspicious e-Mail representing itself as F&M Bank, please forward the message in its entirety to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that your own personal and business computer(s) has updated anti-virus and firewall protections. Apply security patches for all of your programs and operating systems regularly.
- Passwords should be unique to you and changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password, share your password or give it to another person.
- Monitor your account activity frequently using our Internet Banking services.
- Sign up for free eStatements to avoid having your paper statement sitting in an un-secure mailbox where it could be compromised.
Please keep in mind that we will never ask for or e-mail you requesting your Internet Banking password. We may on occasion call to verify other information regarding your Internet Banking activity should we see something of concern in your login patterns or account activities. If you plan to travel internationally and use your Internet Banking or debit card, it is very helpful to call us in advance to avoid your account being temporarily disabled for security purposes.
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed below, as soon as you can. To limit your liability, we must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
For personal accounts, limitations on your liability for unauthorized electronic funds transfers and other electronic errors that are covered by Regulation E are explained in the Electronic Fund Transfers Your Rights and Responsibility Disclosure Statement. However, if you use Internet Banking services for any business activity, you assume all risk of loss for unauthorized transfers and payments, and you must establish your own internal security procedures for employees you authorize to prevent all unauthorized use by other employees or persons.
If at any time you have questions regarding an electronic funds transfer transaction or account activity, please contact our customer service representatives at 256.447.9041, Contact Us, or write to us at:
Farmers & Merchants Bank
PO Box 390, Piedmont, AL 36272
If your F&M Bank ATM or Debit Card has been lost or stolen, please call 256.447.9041 as soon as possible after learning of the loss or theft. After normal business hours, please call 800.236.2442 to report a lost/stolen card.
Reporting security issues
We are here for you. If you are a F&M Bank customer and your identity information has been stolen or compromised, please Contact Us. We will help you take appropriate action to protect your accounts at F&M Bank and minimize the potential damage. Any consumer should also review the information available on the Federal Trade Commission Identity Theft website.
Enjoy the added convenience that a credit card can add to your life.
Farmers & Merchants Bank and ServisFirst Bank have come together to offer these services to our customers.